Notes on…24/7 Shadow Pencil
I promised a review of the 24/7 shadow pencils after the swatches I posted but I decided that some statements about the pencil I own, “Rehab” would be more concise and appropriate.
- These don’t blend easily but they blend best immediately after application with a small stiff pencil brush
- They blend much better without a primer underneath although worn over a primer the wear-time will be extended
- These kick-ass on oily lids
- They last at least eight hours on me looking neat and freshly applied without primer
- They easily last 10 + hours with primer
- They do not compare to NYX pencils in that they are not a sticky base, but more like a colored primer
- They work well alone or with powder shadows
- They do not hold glitter any better than UD primer potion
Something I noticed is that they are all very close to existing shadow colors (ex. “Rehab Shadow Pencil” & “Underground Deluxe shadow”, “Morphine Shadow Pencil” & “Asphxia shadow”) so the best way to apply that I found, is to create the basic shadow shape with the shadow pencil and then use the coordinating shadow around the edges and blended out since the pencils don’t blend well themselves. A great smoky eye would consist of a shadow pencil on the lid and just up to the crease with a close color in UD shadow in the crease and outer v blended out and up. If you want to get fancy, you could then place a lighter color in the inner corners and a complimentary color just on the middle of the lid to add depth. Add liner, highlight and mascara and you have a 5-minute smoky eye!
I now want to own all the colors to help me with quick eye looks and to use as awesome colored primers/bases. These are like shadow pencils infused with UDPP so they are perfection for my oily lids. They create bulletproof eye looks and I see them as my staple during a New Orleans summer.